News reaching us that the site of the #LekkiMassacre was set to reopen barely after 4 months of the havoc was the last straw of it all.
This brought Nigerian youths back on the same spot to #OccupyLekkiTollGate.Nigerian youths are further displeased by this sheer apathetic decision so we went on the streets to hear what they have to say.
The judicial panel established by the Lagos State government to investigate the October 2020 Lekki shooting incident has approved the reopening of the Lekki tollgate. The nine-man panel returned the control of the tollgate to the Lekki Concession Company, the operators, on Saturday, according to TheCable. LCC had earlier prayed the panel to allow it […] Read Full Story
The federal government says it will resist a peaceful protest being planned next Saturday by Nigerian youths at the Lekki Tollgate where security forces opened fire on unarmed protesters last October. Nigerians who participated in the hijacked #EndSARS protest are championing a campaign tagged: #OccupyLekkiTollGate after the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution […] Read Full Story
Segun Adewole The Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN), has warned against the blockage of roads as a form of protest in the state. Onigbanjo said while the state recognises the rights to peaceful protests, the same cannot extend to blockage of roads including preventing other members of the public from […] Read Full Story