PM stresses 8 March ‘earliest’ date for schools reopening; 1,725 deaths recorded in second highest daily toll; arrivals from red list countries face quarantine
- Boris Johnson hopes schools in England will reopen from 8 March
- Arrivals in UK from high-risk countries to pay for hotel quarantine
- Britain and EU clash over claims to UK-produced Covid vaccine
- Sturgeon questions whether Johnson’s trip to Scotland ‘essential’
- Global coronavirus updates – live
I’m hopeful, but that’s the earliest that we can do it and it depends on lots of things going right ... It also depends on us all now continuing, above all, to work together to drive down the incidents of the disease.
Lives are being put at risk and the care of patients disrupted by a spate of hospital incursions from Covid-19 deniers whose online activity is channelling hatred against NHS staff, say healthcare and police chiefs. My colleagues Ben Quinn and Denis Campbell have the full story here.